CHONTA: CONDOR FLYING VIEWPOINT IN CUSCO
If you’re looking for a unique and thrilling experience in Cusco, Peru, look no further than Chonta. This stunning viewpoint offers visitors the chance to witness the majestic Andean condor flying as they soar over the canyon. Whether you’re a bird lover or an adventure seeker, Chonta is a must-visit destination.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Watch the wonderful cusco flying condor.
- Forget the stress of society and escape to nature.
- Live part of the traditions of the people of Chonta Peru.
1 DAY CHONTA: CONDOR FLYING VIEWPOINT IN CUSCO
06:00 – 06:30 Pick up from your hotel to join the group and start the experience.
06:30 – 09:30 We head to the archaeological center of Killarumiyoc. Where we will enjoy a buffet breakfast.
Then, we continue the trip to the village of Soraypampa to begin the experience.
09:30 – 11:00 We begin our walk towards the viewpoint of the condor in the company of our guide.
Upon reaching the top you will have an explanation to get more information about the place and you will have free time to take the pictures you want as well.
12:30 – 14:00 At the end we return by the same way to our transportation and then we will enjoy a buffet lunch.
15:30 – 19:00 Return trip to the city of Cusco. End of our visit to Chonta: Condor Flying Viewpoint in Cusco
* The transportation drop you off at the Plaza Regocijo so you can still visit the main square.
- Tourist transportation: Cusco – Chonta – Cusco
- Entrance ticket: Killarumiyoc and Mirador del Condor
- First aid kit
- Oxygen balloon
- Professional tour guide
- Meals: Buffet breakfast and lunch
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Horse service
- During the season (April – September) we will be able to observe more condors in chonta peru , meanwhile in the rest of the year it will be less condors.
- At breakfast you should eat only what is necessary, do not overeat so that digestion is not a problem.
Can I buy my entrance ticket on my own?
No, the entrance for this cusco flying condor is completely managed by the same community of Mollepata. Therefore, we could buy it when arrive at chonta peru and it is advisable to buy it with a travel agency.
Can I go without a travel agency?
Yes, on a regular basis you can go on your own, however it is somewhat tedious since the food places (restaurants) do not always have space and you will have to look for an alternative option, besides that on the way there is a lot to see and a professional guide is indispensable to explain all about that.
What is the distance and time covered?
This Chonta: Condor Flying Viewpoint in Cusco experience has an average distance of 4 km, so the time for each section is 2 hours.
What to Bring
- Identity document (ID card or passport).
- Daypack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).