WAQRAPUKARA TOUR FULL DAY
Our Waqrapukara Hike will take you to one of the ancient Inca shrines located in the Andes mountain range in Cusco, this fortress is built on top of one of the steepest mountains, this trekking experience will also immerse you in an area where travelers do not usually go. This great Waqrapukara tour full day in Peru takes you out of the traditional walks in Cusco.
What to expect?
- Visit an ancient treasure.
- Explore the traditional hamlets southern Cusco.
- Take advantage of the mystical energy of this building to reach a personal renewal.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama along the path.
- Find out more about the endless history of this fortress above the andean clouds.
- Our Waqrapukara hike feature private tours.
ONE DAY WAQRAPUKARA HIKE
05:00 – 05:30 Pick up from your hotel to join the group and start the experience.
05:30 – 08:30 We start the journey from Cusco to the village of Cusipata. Where we will enjoy the buffet breakfast.
After that, we continue the trip to the Santa Lucia town to begin the experience.
08:30 – 10:00 We begin the hike along a marked trail accompanied by our guide.
When we reach the top we will have an explanation by our guide who will give you more information about the origin of this beautiful place, then we will have free time to take the pictures we want.
11:30 – 13:30 Return through the same way to our transport and then travel back to the town of Cusipata.
13:30 – 14:30 We will enjoy our buffet lunch in the village.
14:30 – 17:00 Return car ride to Cusco city. End of our waqrapukara hike.
* The transportation drops you off at the Plaza Regocijo so that you can visit the main square.
- Tourist transportation: Cusco – Santa Lucia – Cusco
- Entrance ticket: Waqrapukara
- First aid kit
- Oxygen balloon
- Professional guide specialized in trekking
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch buffet
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Horse service
- Due to the demands of the waqrapukara tour full day we must take into account having at least 1 or 2 days of acclimatization in the city of Cusco.
- At breakfast you should eat only what is necessary, do not overeat so that digestion is not a problem.
Is the waqrapukara full day tour suitable for everyone?
Yes, this experience can be done by everyone since it is a moderate-level pathway and each traveler goes at his own pace, we can share this experience with friends, family or couple.
Can I go without a travel agency?
Keep in mind that waqrapukara is relatively a new tour , therefore you need to have the advice of a travel agency to have complete coordination from food to the professional guide who will guide us along the way.
When is the best time of the year to do this Waqrapukara hike?
The best time to visit this waqrapukara peru is within March and December because we will have a better glimpse of the natural part, after the rainy season all the environment has a much more intense and vivid color which is ideal for the photographs we take.
What to Bring
- Identity document (ID card or passport).
- Daypack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).